Thursday, January 28, 2010

Breath of God
I have heard the Bible being described as "the living breathing Word of God". I picture God literally breathing over the scrolls as the various authors of the books were writing. That very breath breathed life into Adam (7 the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. Ge 2:7) We carry the breath of God in our bodies, we share lineage with Adam for one thing, for another, Believers have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. When my world seems crazy, and things stress me out I feel like I can't take a deep breath: Yesterday was a very bad day so I will use that as an example. I felt moody, irritated over everything, and generally didn't want to be around anyone. I almost in my moodines skipped church (I know shame on me), however I went, per the usual it was GREAT. (Awesome Pastor that I have and all). I noticed when I sat down that I took a deep breath and exhaled, and almost like "magic" I felt relieved, happier, calmer, and relaxed. I wondered to myself why this instant gratification? I know I prayed this morning, what was the difference in my terrible day and being at church? Then it hit me (I tend to be slow), my prayer has become dare I say it? Routine, auto-pilot, could say it backwards and forward...I felt ashamed. Here is my wonderful Savior washing away my day's stress with His breath, but not one time during the day did I say: Father, breathe into me: I was going it alone.
When I get so busy, or my prayers are just the routine I follow, that I can't slow down long enough to allow Him to settle my frazzled mood; then I have not only hurt myself, I also didn't give Him enough credit to know how to fix it. I am not a brand-new Believer either, but I feel like I miss the very obvious sometimes by not slowing down.
I decided today will be different: I took a deep breath this morning , pointed my face to the sky and I imagined breathing in His breath, and just like Adam I was face-to-face with I AM. Yes, today has been a much better day.
Start breathing!
Nickie
©2010-2011 Nickie Subach

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome!!!!! I am so amazed by your abundance of gifts. Keep writing!

Kimchi4 said...

Well said my friend, from one writer to another, well said-:) Keep enduring!