Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Resting in Him

Why is it that when a woman thinks of resting, its synonymous with bedtime? God desires time with us, not only in prayer but in rest or Sabbath. This has been difficult for me, if I sit down long enough in my house I'm sure I can find something that needs to be done, so taking a Sabbath at home is a challenge. Then there is the issue of privacy, I have three teenagers at home, need I explain that further? *smile* However, there is a certain day of the week that all of my kids are at church at the same time, for an extended period of time. It was one such time a couple of weeks ago that I developed a migraine and I stayed home alone; normally I am with them at church as I have practice that night too. What I discovered when they all left and there was blessed quiet...my head quit hurting; all of sudden my Jesus sat down in the room with me and I felt the urge to lay back against Him and deeply breathe in His very essence. I began to pray, to cry a little, and I felt such a deep sense of relaxation. He loved on me, and I felt sleepy, until my mind creeped up and said: "girl, go do some of your laundry already, its piled so high". I got up to do just that and I heard Him say: "rest Nickie, that is what this is all about, rest in Me, you don't do that, you pray to me, sing to me, talk to others about me: But you don't rest in Me". Oh how my heart broke, my Savior desires to rest with me and I find myself too busy to slow down long enough to feel that, what kind of Believer am I, I thought. Even Jesus during His time on Earth took time to go to the Father and rest, who was I that I should not do the very same. Well, now that I realize how thoroughly comforting and spiritually refreshing it is to rest in my Savior, I heard Him call me out of a ministry that will allow the time to Sabbath with Him totally, (more like confirmation, He said it weeks ago, I just wanted to hold on to the ministry) it's a bittersweet moment in my Christian walk, I am heading into a new dimension in Him, yet I will leave a piece of me behind as I step forward. This is what our walk is about though, deep calling unto deep, new levels in Him, and seasons that change. My blogger friend Michelle opened my eyes so to speak about being an in-season believer and then she wrote about it in her blog, what a wonderfully wise friend I have in her: Thanks Michelle.
I encourage whoever reads this to learn the art of just resting, it's okay the house will not fall apart, the kids will be fine, your mate will understand: Jesus is calling: It's nap time!

Until next time, I will keep learning as I go :)
Nickie

©2010-2011 Nickie Subach

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well written! You worded that so beautifully! I think a big challenge for us as women is that we often equate "resting" with idleness or laziness. If we can get it through our heads that our Father calls us to REST in Him, and see that as important and productive and vital to our relationship with him, then that makes everything else fall into place. Letting Him "lead us beside still waters and restore our soul" is totally ok and NECESSARY! We just have to resist the flesh part of us that makes us feel guilty over it.

faith said...

wow!all I can say, you have a gift, I just stumbled upon. Very much needed to read this tonight thankyou for sharing.