Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Love like Jesus

Have you ever had your spirituality challenged? And I don't mean by smiling when you'd rather frown, or getting out of bed for church when you'd rather be lazy, I mean a deep down challenge of everything that Jesus taught about loving one another.



36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-40



What?? Does Jesus not see this person driving me crazy?? Deliberately taunting me?? Surely Jesus you didn't mean to love this person too, I mean really I think you should rephrase the Bible to say: and love your neighbor as yourself as long as they are lovable! *Sigh* but that is not what my Abba taught, therefore if I am going to call myself a Believer and Follower of Jesus than I can't pick and choose which parts of the Bible I like; it's all applicable and mandatory for my life. So, where does that leave me in this particular situation? 28 Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.” Luke 11:28 I have to put it into practice!! Wow I love that NLT translation. How do I put it into practice? I already pray for this person, but pray some more I must do, guard my mouth, thus far I have not "popped" off at this person; but in my mind...tsk tsk! If I am a child of God, which I am, then this person is too. Jesus died for their sins just as much as mine, so we are siblings in the Kingdom. I have prayed for God to filter my mouth, let only the words He chooses for me to speak be spoken, I don't want to say anything that my Daddy in heaven would look down and say "Nickie, Nickie, Nickie whose words were those"?



For now, my prayer will be for God to use me in this person's life so that God will get all the glory, I will pray that I will genuinely love them with the love of Christ, I will pray that the next time I am challenged I will remember I'm not in a "Believer-Bubble" and that proving the Gospel of Jesus to be true means living it, breathing it, and loving just as He loved.



I'll keep praying, and ya'll pray for me :)

Nickie Subach © 2010-2011

No comments: